Welcome

Welcome to my 3-Day for the Cure blog where I discuss my experience training, fundraising and walking in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure. I'll be walking in my third 3-Day, this year in San Diego with my teammate Julie, who I met back in 2009 on the walk. I love sharing stories, challenges, frustrations and successes here and really enjoy hearing back from all of you.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Training Tuesday - Snow Hikes make 3-Day hills seem easy


We recently took our second trip up to Yosemite for the day and decided to do some hiking in the snow. I'm sure this comes as no surprise, but hiking in the snow can be quite the workout! Our hiking boots didn't offer enough traction on the icy hills so we often found ourselves sliding downhill while trying to climb up. A couple more trips like this and I know I'll have absolutely no trouble with any of the hills that the 3-Day throws at us this year. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment