Welcome

Welcome to my 3-Day for the Cure blog where I discuss my experience training, fundraising and walking in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure. I'll be walking in my third 3-Day, this year in San Diego with my teammate Julie, who I met back in 2009 on the walk. I love sharing stories, challenges, frustrations and successes here and really enjoy hearing back from all of you.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Training Tuesday at the San Diego Zoo


Tomorrow I will do my last training walk at the San Diego Zoo, which makes me realize how much I am going to miss that place. Walking around the zoo in the morning, watching the animals get fed, and realizing that I'm fortunate enough (at least for two more weeks) to live in a city where I can do training walks at a world class zoo, all make training for the 3-Day a bit easier.

While looking ahead to tomorrow's walk with one of my favorite walking buddies I'm tasked with the need to find new training walk locations in my future city. So I throw the question out to fellow 3-Day walkers, how did you come to find your favorite training walk places? What are some of your favorite training walk locations and some best practices that help pass the time on those long walks?

No comments:

Post a Comment